Monday 1 November 2010

Not Such a Happy Acer Netbook After All

My son suggested that I write a post about how I’ve been getting on with my Acer Notebook over the last couple of days.

I’ve had it home with me, instead of here at my son’s who has Wi-Fi, so I’ve not been able to ‘connect to the web’.

The fist day I had it at my son’s house and was online, writing in this blog it froze twice and twice it needed ‘rebooted’ as my son calls it. I had to hold down the on/off button until it turned itself off. Then I turned it back on again.

So now this is my second attempt at writing this blog as again, it froze up. It only does it when I’m online it would seem. My son’s at a loss as to why this would happen but thinks it could be a software issue.

Tomorrow I’m taking it back to John Lewis where I bought it. As my son says, there’s no point in having a notebook, or netbook as described elsewhere if it crashes when on the net.

I’m sad to see it go but I think I’ll be going for something completely different and with a larger screen. But I still want one with a webcam built in. They are a fair bit dearer than what I’ve paid for my Acer Happy Netbook but I suppose that’s the way it goes.

I’ll let you know how I get on with the exchange and how John Lewis deal with the return.

Jenny x

No comments:

Post a Comment