Wednesday 10 November 2010

At Last, I’m Online!

At last, I'm Online

My Internet ‘Hub’ came at last. My son came out to the house to plug everything in for me. There were no problems. The Internet came on within a couple of minutes. I turned on my new Acer Laptop and it detected the signal no problem. All I needed to do was enter the pass key in order to connect.

Then my son helped me to register with Tesco so I can do my online shopping. I’m looking forward to doing that. He also added a few other websites to my ‘favourites’ so I can return to them easily. They sites were Tesco, Asda and John Lewis.

I also downloaded Skype so I can chat to my family.

During all this, my son was beside me guiding me and telling me where to click and how to hold and use the mouse. I still need a bit of practice with it. My son said it was just like helping his kids with their homework. I had to laugh.

Once the serious stuff was over with he showed me Google maps and Street View where you can actually look at the outside of my brother’s house who lives hundred of miles away. Google maps is a lot of fun. In fact, it was a good day.

Tip: when filling in an online form field, such as username and password, you can press the Tab key to move from one field to the next instead of clicking in it with the mouse to activate it. Once a field is activated a blinking line shows up indicating it’s ready for you to input something.

No comments:

Post a Comment